I know every girl has a dream of coming down the aisle to her beaming groom.
I think “First Look” is the best of both worlds.You get privacy the first time you see each other.
You also get to walk down the aisle in front of hundreds of people – but you’re not as nervous!
How does it work?
The bride and groom are kept hidden until they are fully dressed and ready to go.
When everyone is ready we pick a spot (usually somewhere outdoors) and have the groom stand with his back to the bride.
The bride walks in and tells her groom when to turn around. The smiles are bigger and you can kiss, hug, and talk!
I usually just take a few shots and then leave you alone for a few minutes of private time.
Why do it? That is the million dollar question!
Here are 10 Reasons Why…
1. You get to see each other for the first time in private!
2. You can actually KISS and talk to each other.
3. We dont have to play hide and seek all day, keeping the bride and groom away from each other.
4. All (or MOST) photographs can be taken before the ceremony.
5. You get to your reception – ON TIME! and enjoy more time with your guests.
6. I get to steal you away for just one on one time with each other – and get some great pictures!
7. Your expressions are more genuine and you aren’t nervous in front of your guests.
8. When you get married in the evening it is dark by the time your ceremony is over. We can’t go outside afterwards to get the natural light that is so fabulous!
9. No stress! The pressure is off!
10. Because your photographer LOVES to do it and it’s a GREAT idea!
Here is what one of my GROOMS had to say about his First Look:
“At first, I wasn’t sure if it was something I wanted to do because of the whole tradition thing.
I know that what some people enjoy the most about the ceremony is the grooms expression the first time he sees his bride and I thought that perhaps this would take away from that. Boy was I wrong.
Having the chance to see Sydney for the first time just by ourselves (well sort of, the bridal party was watching haha) was amazing.
We had a chance to get out all of our nervous jitters and I actually had the chance to tell her how beautiful she was.
The first look also saved us so much time.
We were able to take so many pictures before the wedding which left us with
more time to dance the night away with our family and friends.”
I have never had someone REGRET doing a First Look. I have had them wish they did it!
With all that said…this is YOUR day – so YOU decide!